Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Happy Birthday to me!!!


Bon Dia Tots!
 
Thank you everyone for the Birthday wishes and for the gifts that were sent my way! I really enjoyed them! Mom thank you for your package! The popcorn and Beef Jerkey was great! And the cake.... I love you! :) You know me too well! Oneals thank you for the package! I will love wearing my Ole Miss shirt around Spain! For those that sent stuff to the office, I should get it sometime next week!
 
FIRST OFF! I NEED SOMETHING FROM ALL MY RETURNED MISSIONARY FRIENDS/FAMILY!
We are wanting to start some activities for the members here. Exspecially the youth. If any of you saw something in your mission that worked, maybe you could just shoot me a short email and tell me what worked best! I would love you forever! Thanks!
 
Anyway, My birthday was nothing special, honestly just another day... I made the cake mom sent me during mediodia and then we went to the roof last night, took photos, and ate cake. Nothing special...
 
This week was a really good week! Finally we were able to escape the fiestas and get to work, and man did we work! Right now we are trying to get as many visits as we can with a huge list of future investigators! It has been a pain but rewarding! Right now we are still teaching my boy James from Nigeria, and he is progressing really well! I am super excited for him and he is definately on track to getting baptized on the 26th! He is honestly a golden investigator! I love it! We also found this lady named Lupe! She is a Spanish Jypsy (Or however you spell it) She is living with a Muslim man from France, and is a hard core smoker! Everytime we leave her house I feel as though I have smoked a pack myself! haha It is going to be a long journey for her, but she is super interested! She needs to make some changes in her life, but she does have a desire to follow Christ and be baptized. Right now she has a goal to be baptized on the 2nd of Febuary! We will see what happens! I have faith, if we do our part, the Lord will always do his!
 
 We also experienced a miracle this week! A couple weeks ago, we had a member come up to us and tell us that her daughters friend wanted to be baptized! We tried to schedule a Family Home Evening or something to get things going, but with the Holidays it was super hard and we werent able to schedule anything. Well last Saturday night we ran into the member and I asked her what happened and if she was still interested etc... She said she didnt know, and the parents were a little scetched out blah blah blah. So we incuraged her to call them on Saturday night and invite the girl and her parents to church the next day, and she did just that. So, yesterday, this girl, Estefani came to church with her dad, and her dad LOVED church! He was super interested and has tons of questions! We have a visit tomorrow night with them, with thier family! Im stoked! This will be my first Spanish family that I am going to teach and they are super ready for the gospel! I cant wait! We are hoping by the end of this week to have four baptismal fechas! It would truly be a blessing!
 
So Justin Weaver gets his call sometime soon... Lets see, my guess... One in states and one out of the states...
In states-Washington State Spanish Speaking
Out of States-England English Speaking
 
Keep me updated! :) Congrats!
 
Other than that, it has been a normal week of missionary work. Nothing else to really report! Mom and Dad, I am planning on sending that package  that I was talking about either this week or next week. Dad be careful because the USB that I am sending home, I think it has a virus so heads up! Just keep an eye out for it! :) I will see if I can put some suprises in there!
 
Well thats it for this week! I love you guys tons and hope you dont all freeze to death! Love you all!
 
Love
Elder Carrigan
 
Photos
0825 Happy 20th!
0837 Me and Elder Magallanes partying on the roof! haha


0829 The Beautiful City of Tarragona!

No comments:

Post a Comment